Monday, June 16, 2014

Lomilomi 7 Skin Scheduler Facial Mask

It's Summer time! For us pharmacy kids, this not only means fun in the sun, but also Summer rotations. This year, for our P3 rotations, we are required to do a 2-week hospital rotation. Luckily, I got placed at a local hospital and don't have to travel to a neighbor island. Last year, I went to Oahu to do my 4-week retail rotation and walked everywhere! While I had a wonderful experience, the stress of traveling and living away from home was daunting on my body. Part of a successful education is remembering to take care of yourself, even when everything seems crazy. This year, I thought I would embrace the weeks ahead with a week-long mask session. I saw this in the Memeshop and thought it would be perfect to de-stress during my rotation. Lomilomi's 7 Skin Scheduler Facial Mask set was $15, which I think is a pretty good deal for 7 masks. These masks are different that the mask I tried in my Luckybox as they are a paper mask. I'm not sure which I prefer.
I started masking on Monday, June 9, and will finish on Sunday, June 15.

Apply 1 mask to face qPM while lying down x 1 week
#7





ALOE Monday Juicy Mask (6/9)
The recommended time to let this mask sit is about 15-30 minutes. I let this mask sit for about 15 minutes. I took my own advice and lay down when I put on this mask so that it wouldn't droop down my face, into my eyes and nose. This was a very refreshing mask. Too bad it was chilly and raining when I did this. It would have been nice to have done it on a hot, sunny day and feel the coolness of the mask on my face. I didn't rinse my face after and most of the serum absorbed into my skin.
(6/10) My pores look visibly smaller and skin tone is more even. Skin is soft and moisturized. LOVE it already!


GINGKO Tuesday Anti-Wrinkle Mask (6/10)
I again only let this mask sit for about 15 minutes. I get a little restless when I'm immobile and have to lie down. This mask was really refreshing too! I don't really have wrinkles and pray that my super asian skin will prevent them from arriving on my face prematurely. When I went to take the mask off, I swear I felt the sensation and smell like someone blew a tiny puff of cigarette smoke in my face. It was the weirdest thing. I almost put the mask back on to see if it would repeat itself, but didn't. The serum absorbed into my skin nicely.
(6/11) My skin still looks like it did yesterday, with smaller pores (no smaller than yesterday though) and extra hydrated.

GRAPE Wednesday Whitening Mask (6/11)
As soon as I ripped open the package, the scent of Hi-chew grape candy filled the air. I put the mask on my face and I reminisced of simpler times. My face itched slightly while wearing the mask. I left the mask on for 15 minutes then wiped it off. My lips began itching immensely, but they've been itching all week so I'm not sure if the mask is the cause of tonight's itchy lips or if it merely exacerbated a preexisting itch. Skin feels great, serum absorbed nicely.
(6/12) I developed a few, minor blemishes in my T-zone, possibly from too much serum exposure. This can be reduced by wiping more of the serum off or reducing the mask time.




CUCUMBER Thursday Bouncing Mask (6/12)
This mask smelt of light cucumber. I kept thinking of putting cucumbers on my eyes too, if we had any in the house. It felt very calming and soothing.
(6/13) I noticed some lightening of the dark spots on my face and healing of one of my recent acne scars. The minor acne flare was resolved this morning and my skin texture was smooth.








ACEROLA Friday Recovery Mask
I was extremely apprehensive to put this mask on my face. When I was younger, my parents used to make jugs of juice out of powder and it was called Acerola Cherry. I HATED it. It smelled awful, like cherry cough syrup. This mask didn't seem so bad though. It had a very light, fruity scent. Nothing like the horror I experienced as a child.







POMEGRANATE Saturday Vital Mask
It was finally a hot sunny day, perfect for an afternoon masking. The cooling sensation ran from my face, all the way through my body and felt wonderfully refreshing! There was a light scent of pomegranate, although it was a bit stronger than the others.










JASMINE Sunday Healing Mask
This, my final mask of the week, was definitely my fave. It smelled so sweet and relaxing. I love jasmine and it was such a healing experience, I would probably purchase just this mask on its own. I let this mask sit just a while longer so I could allow the pleasant smell fill my lungs.





These masks are pretty bomb. You can see differences after the first mask and I'm a huge fan of instant gratification so these are perfect for those of you who like instant results (I don't know anyone who doesn't). Over the course of the week, I noticed pore size reduction, increased softness, and smoothness in texture and tone. I've already ordered some mask sets through the Memeshop for my friends for Christmas! To purchase your own set, visit the Memeshop here: http://us.memebox.com/memeshop/mask-pack/7-skin-scheduler-facial-mask#.U5jFvBaE6oo

In my personal opinion, it's "cheaper" in the long run to purchase over $70 worth of products from the Memeshop and get free shipping because the shipping is really expensive. I'm not sure if it's a Hawai`i thing or because they're sending heavy liquids (I know Bath & Body charges a lot for shipping too because of this) but it's about $16 for shipping under $30 and $24 over $30, and gets more expensive the more you spend. If you spend over $70, use the code FREESHIPPING at checkout. You can use this code once per month and I'm not sure if they change it. They haven't since I've been purchasing though.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed masking this week. It almost felt like I was at the spa... almost...

XOXO,

Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment